A toddler was conscious and in stable condition at a hospital Friday, May 18, after falling into a swimming pool at a home in Menifee, Cal Fire/Riverside County Fire Department said.
Firefighters responded to the 25000 block of Wild View Road about 1:25 p.m., a news release said.
The toddler, whose gender was not disclosed, was flown to a hospital by helicopter, Cal Fire said. No other details were available.
May is National Water Safety Month. Cal Fire posted water-safety tips on its website that includes:
- Never leave a child unattended in a pool or spa.
- Always watch children who are near water.
- Keep children away from pool drains, pipes or other openings.
- Learn CPR and update the skill regularly.
- Install a 4-foot or taller fence around the pool and use self-closing and self-latching gates.